AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Thursday, April 03, 2003


The process begins anew: my mother has just cranked up some gospel rock and started a triple batch of peanut butter cookies. According to the angry Christian guy in the stereo:

God’s got an army/not afraid to fight/soldiers of the cross/children of the light.
Warriors of righteousness/with healing in their hands/God’s got an army/marching through the lands.


(Sounds like terrorism to me)

Funny how people think they can wander around fighting God’s battles for them, specially the Christians, thinking God needs them to establish His kingdom, cuz apparently He can‘t do it Himself. I can’t think of anything more conceited than thinking that God needs pitiful little YOU to do anything for All-Powerful HIM. He created the entire world but needs you to manage it? Please. Boy, talk about hubris.

This is the point where an atheist reading my blog will go, “Well gee, if God’s so All-powerful, what’s He need you worshipping Him for?” Silly atheist. God doesn’t need worship, we need worship. To give props to where props are due, to put our stuck-up noses back in the humble dust where they belong, to meditate, to remind ourselves of higher responsibilities, to remember greater beauties, to avoid great uglinesses. It’s like giving your teacher homework. It isn‘t the teacher who needs it, it’s YOU who needs it, to help you learn.

Ah, the tape has been switched. Thank God! Oh nuts, now it’s church hymns. I swear man, they really need some new lyricists. Their music hit a peak in the 18th century and nothing good has been written since then. Even Greensleeves was plagiarized you know, the original had nothing to do with the baby Jesus (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Isa) it was a song of lost love.

Alas my love/you have done me wrong/to have cast me out/so discourteously.
And I had loved you for so long/Delighting in your company.
Greensleeves was all my joy
Greensleeves was my desire
Greensleeves my heart of gold
And who but my lady Greensleeves?


I was talking with my dad last night about the general state of the world, he hasn’t read either Brave New World or 1984, but he agreed that the ignorance of the first world seems to be a combination of both ‘Big Brother is Watching’ and ‘A Gram is Better Than a Damn‘. I’m not saying the entire first world is on soma (the drug of choice in Brave New World) but they’re all high on comfort, ambition and freedom, and pliable to the manipulation of their minds through the media and government. Remember children,

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
-1984, George Orwell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas