AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Sunday, April 20, 2003

Sorry my comments aren’t working, squawkbox.tv is having server probs. Speaking of problems, the annual Battle of the Bugs is well underway. Every spring, once the weather gets a bit warmer, insects of all kinds come out in full force and lay siege to my house. I think I’ve already mentioned Major Mooch-a-lot of the Mosquito Marines, and Commander Lal Baig of the Cockroach Corps. Well, there’s a new enemy afoot: the Termite Troops.

Not to be foiled by the screens on the windows and doors, they found an under-ground entrance to our house, and set up base in the kitchen drain. It was a mighty battle, it was. My second in command, Mortein Lure n’Kill Surface Spray, and I fought a fast and furious fight, and in the end I triumphed and poured acid down all the drains. Regrettably, there were some casualties. Aniraz was caught in friendly fire. (“Dude, you just sprayed that all over my foot!”)

Sorry for the short blog. I haven’t done much today that’s worth writing about, I woke up late, I did a minor amount of work towards preparing Easter Dinner, I went to my favorite internet cafe for half an hour, and I came home and wandered aimlessly between the computer and the refrigerator.

Since my mom is a Christian we have Easter dinner, today we‘re serving leg of Qurbaani lamb. Ah, the irony. I don’t know whether this is an official family tradition, but holiday meals are always served late, and boy am I hungry...I’m going to go set the table in hopes that it will speed the cooking process somehow. My apologies again for the lame blog. You may amuse yourselves on my tag board until I come up with a better one. Peace!

“And verily, I am indeed Forgiving to him who repents, believes and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them, [till his death].” The Holy Qur’an, Surah Ta-Ha – Ayah 82.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas