AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Friday, October 17, 2003

Five minutes (and two cups of coffee) ago I was sleepy and didn’t feel up to typing a new blog. But now, five minutes (and two cups of coffee) later, I suddenly realize that it’s too late to be napping and there’s little else to do at the moment.

Whoops, but I’ve just realized that I’m still very, very sleepy. Was up late last night with dinner guests and didn’t get to bed until 5 am. Yes, 5 am, that crazy time when Fajr has already started and work is just four hours away. I caught a few zzzz’s (not many, just two or three) and then dragged myself off to work, where I nearly fell asleep in one of my student’s offices several times. What do you expect when I’m sitting on a sofa? You start off sitting, but the sleepier you are, the more you slouch until it looks like you’re reclining with your eyes half-open and talking grammar in your sleep.

(mumble mumble…the present-perfect tense…mumble mumble…infinitives easily confused with gerunds…mumble mumble…no czar, I didn’t put ketchup in your shoes…*snore*)

After coming home from work I prayed Zuhr and crashed in the waterbed, which I think may have forgiven me, or is at least tolerating me. After all, it didn’t burst and drown me. Woke up for Asr, have since prayed Maghrib and am now trying to stay awake by *doing* things. Like blogging nonsense and wandering aimlessly around the house.

I don’t know how much longer I can keep the pretense of *awakeness* up….If awakeness is a word at all…no czar, I didn’t put ketchup in your shoes…zzzzzzzzzz

IAmAGiantMutantKitten
I am a giant mutant kitten. Not strange at all.


Which cute or possibly strange kitten are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas