AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

God's Green Bangladesh

Sometimes my life is like a soap opera that no one would watch. Ok, maybe not a soap opera, but at least a bad sitcom. (That was my intro, now here’s the transition…) Someone has posted my email address, with a matrimonial ad, in a Bangladeshi newspaper. Apparently I, Mr.K, have a daughter for whom I am seeking a groom, or to put it in other words…

"a young girl suitable for my brother in Dhaka"

and

"I have noticed u_r ad that u need a male for u_r daughter."

For the last week I’ve been receiving emails with photographs, resumes, and ‘biodata’ from:

"5 feet 7 inch tall with slim figure(66 Kg), weatish complexion, and reasonably good looking"

and

"a gentleman with no serious problem or burden in my life"

and

"I m interested."

My only regret is that since I can’t read Bangla, I don’t know what ‘my’ ad in the Daily Prothom Alo says. You guys, if anyone here is fluent in Bangla, please track ‘my’ ad down for me. It’s under the email address of zhkhan at gmail dot com, and apparently I’m applying on behalf of my daughter. I don’t know where I live or which edition of the newspaper I advertised in, but it can’t be more than a week old.

One of the people who emailed me has very kindly cautioned me that if I did not place this ad myself, then I should be careful because:

"I don't think it was a mistake.Either your enemies or youe close ralative has made fun out of you."

Alright you guys, I don’t have any family in Dhaka, so who in God’s green Bangladesh is mad at me?

Serious parties only may reply in confidence with photograph and biodata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas