AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Hai, kitni cute hai

So today I went to the Tabib and instead of seeing just one doctor, I got to see nine of them. Sort of. One Tabib was my neurologist and the other eight were baby-Tabibs, med students in little white lab coats without name tags. They were so cute, awwwww.

They were such a short, fresh-faced and nervous looking contrast to my very tall, very salt and pepper neurologist who always looks like he’s either heading for a nap or has just woken up from one. (he’s got nashili ankhein) There were eight of them crammed into the corner of the small room and the one big Tabib taking up all the rest of the space. Me, I sat in the corner and worked hard resisting the urge to pinch their little med-student cheeks.

Chai is gonna kick me for this entry, not only because she’s a med student, but also because she has such pinchable cheeks. Not that I would pinch her cheeks. She’s older than me, the dinosaur. Those other lil med students were much younger than me judging by their looks and by the fact that med skool here starts right after tenth grade, a place I escaped from back in 1996. So unless they’re in their 9th year of classes, I just might be their baji. Which makes me a dinosaur too, and when Chai kills me, you guys can have my fossils.

In spite of being at the Tabib’s today, I’m quite alright, Alhamdulillah. I just still have one-sided headaches. The meds for variant migraines helped to decrease both the intensity and frequency of my head/face aches, but the course ended two weeks ago and then the headaches picked up again. So I’m back on the same stuff and after another six weeks things should be ok InshaAllah.

In the mean time I’m back to eating contraband (since it doesn’t seem to make a difference in whether or not my head hurts) and using the computer excessively and working out and playing Vagrant Story at the same time. I had to get a note from my doctor saying I could do these things because my father was frowning at me every time he saw me sitting in front of either of those screens. “You’re giving yourself a headache with too much computer!” he kept saying. He even asked me to stop working out and playing video games simultaneously to see if it made a difference. I didn’t work out for a whole week, and the only difference it made was on the scale. Heh.

Speaking of the scale, I should go work out. I haven’t yet for today, and judging by the sudden population decrease suffered in Gingerbreadland this afternoon, I most certainly need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas