AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Sunday, February 06, 2005

mind your p's and q's?

There are times and places in life where you need to be on your best behavior, and there are times and places where it's better if you're not. Take, for example, Crayon's house. That is not a place for your best behavior.

Am I déclassé? Maybe, but so far, Crayon doesn't mind, and I love that about her. When I drop into her house I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing, about whether she might want to see me, or whether there will be anything to do, because Crayon is awesome. She couldn't care less if I showed up in my pajamas, she's always up for a 'natter and a cup of tea' and I enjoy her company immensely. Sometimes we play Scrabble, but to me, Scrabble is pretence- it's just an excuse for sitting and talking. I couldn't care less if we played Scrabble or not, I am content to lay on the floor and bother the Wombat. That's quality time I say, quality time!

And that, my dears, is my excuse for this evening. We showed up at Crayon's with a basket of laundry. We used her washing machine, we raided her freezer, we made fish-sticks and we roasted our cold toes by the heater. After all, what are real friends for? *muahz!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas