AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Friday, November 21, 2003

Sensei’s blogging at 3 am again.

Left Brain: Are we not asleep yet?
Right Brain: You’re asking me? You’re the one who approved that last cup of chai. We’ve had enough chai to kill a horse.

:::pause:::

LB: I like horses.
RB: Me too.
LB: Do horses like chai?

::::pause:::

RB: We’ll have to find out.
LB: How? All the horses are at Clifton.
RB: Hmmm…
LB: Hmmm….
RB: We could go to Clifton?
LB: It’s 3:38.
RB: Wouldn’t be crowded at all…
LB: We can’t go to Clifton.

:::pause:::

RB: We could ask Uncle.
LB: If he’ll drive us to Clifton?
RB: No, if he has a horse.
LB: He has a cat.
RB: But the cat doesn’t like us.
LB: Who cares, so long as the cat likes chai…then, then uh….
RB: Then what?
LB: Well, then….then we won’t have to find a horse. Yeah.
RB: You’re talking nonsense. We don’t need to a find a horse.
LB: We don’t?
RB: No, we can make one at home.

:::pause:::

LB: We should go to bed now.
RB: Why? I just figured out how we could make a horse from an apple, some toothpicks, and a handful of gum-drops.
LB: Which is exactly why we should go to bed.
RB: Fine.
LB: Fine.

:::pause:::

LB: Are we asleep yet?
RB: What do you think?
LB: I think it’s Sehri time.
RB: I think you’re right. What do you want for Sehri?
LB: Chai.

:::whacks self on head with keyboard::::

Ow. It’s not my fault I’m still up. I don’t even want to be up right now, but I can’t sleep. Up until five minutes ago, I had been laying in bed, dutifully trying to fall asleep since midnight, but now I’ve given up and answered the computer’s siren song.

I really need to be asleep too. Aside from the fact that sleeping in ruins a perfectly good fast, my eyes are also bloodshot to hell and my head feels disconnected from my body. In the last 48 hours, I’ve slept a grand total of…drumroll please…four hours. So why haven’t I crashed yet? Chai. Chai, chai, chai, and chai. Yes, five cups of chai since Iftar. One of which was drunk at midnight, all of which were very strong and very large. What can I say, excessive chai consumption is part of hanging out with the Khandaan. You sit around and talk for hours, and of course, every 45 minutes or so you get another cup of chai. You don’t ask for more chai, it just comes, and you just drink it.

Then, when it’s bed-time (midnight) you brush your teeth, wash your face, hop into bed and then stare at the fuzz on your blanket for the next three hours with your mind running a mile a minute and your body pleading for mercy. The body wants to be asleep, really. It appreciates the bed, and the pillow, and even the overly-fuzzy blanket, but the mind is too busy to sleep. So far, mine has reinvented both the wheel and a better mouse-trap, as well as made plans for Sehri as soon as it’s officially time to ‘wake up.’

We’ll eat our plate of food, and then we’ll eat Aniraz’s plate of food, and when we’re done, we’ll have a nice hot cup of chai, yeah, yeah, un-hunh, and then we’ll drink Aniraz’s chai. *nods*

Like I’ve said before. Sensei is sleep depraved. *nods*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas