AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Alright you guys, here’s what’s new in Abezistan.

First of all, props and thanks to JazakAllah’s to Ahmed and Serenity who helped me with my new layout. :)

Second: I’m looking for someone who knows CSS and can help me tweak my tagboard into something that matches this layout more reasonably. Help?

Third: And now, the results of the poultry...errr…poetry competition!

In the category of Best Limerick with a Pakistani Flavor (specifically salan), the award goes to…Arshad! For “Gobi and Aloo!” :::applause:::

My friends call me bhaloo,
I eat gobi and aloo,
l like to blog,
even in the fog
and that's what i do, yahoo!


In the category of Best Poem Remotely Related to Nature and Ennui, the award goes to….Uzer! For ‘God, I wish it would snow’ :::applause:::

This night I see,
with boredom and malarky,
lack of imagination,
and a distinctly silly word situation,
for what I write, I do not know,
Still you read? God I wish it would snow...


The winner for the Best Poem Related to Abez was a very, very tough decision between Bushra and BAQ, but in the end, the award went to….Bushra! Regardless of the fact that the engagement mentioned in the poem has been broken, you can’t deny that it’s good verse. :::applause:::

When Abez opened an account with blogspot
Did anyone forsee the hotshot?
She wrote, she scribbled, she dazzled them all
They'd check her blog in the cafe, the PC, the mall!

She wrote a few lines,
Wondering if it'd do,
But lets see what happened?
Did she mean to woo?

Oh of course she had fans
she blew them off their feet
But to the heart of one, she stuck...
and how she stuck, let us see.

He spent many a sleepless night
This girl,I cannot let go
A wonder! A miracle! A joy to behold,
This species of female I cannot let go

He approached her family with a proposal to make
And what a proposal! So much was at stake
But when he saw Abez, all fears washed away
Abez, Abez... I feel I've known you for all my days.

The rest, as they say, is history you know
Times go on, people come and go
The Abezminator as we know him has made his mark
And the couple wait their lives together, happy as larks.


And now, the award for the Best Overall Poem goes to… -click link for result!-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas