AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Dream a little dream with me

Ah, blessed Saturday. I woke up at my leisure this morning, lolling about my bed in the cool basement and trying to remember what I had been dreaming about. It had something to do with a flood, and no one would let me get in their canoe. Now if you’re the kind of person who places meanings on dreams then I must warn you to give it up now. The canoes were pink and one of them was a floating Land Rover.

I know that some people believe that dreams have meaning, but I don’t know if that applies to all of them. I spent one dream throwing matzo-balls at my Jewish in-laws. In another I was chased down Broadway by a statue of the Pope. (look out, he's got a scepter!)

I have had the typical chased-by-scary-things dreams and the I-can’t-find-my-scarf dreams that are the Islamic adaptation of that dream everyone has where they show up at work or school without their clothes on. I’ve also had very nice peaceful dreams, and some that I would even call religious dreams, but the vast majority of my dreams are simply insane. And it runs in the family too.

Aniraz woke me one night while talking in her sleep. “No Czar,” she said aloud, “I didn’t put ketchup in your shoes!” Another time she giggled in her sleep and said, “Smiley face, smiley face, smiley face cows!”

I can only guess what happy farmland idylls she had been enjoying in that dream, and I’m not even going to try to figure out what it could mean. Had any weird dreams lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas