AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Gone fishing. Sensei will be back after Dec 3rd. Till then, love, peace and chikken grease!

Ma'Assalam :)

****

By The Steeds

By the steeds and the sparks of their hooves
I am, to my Lord, an ungrateful horse
Here I stand tethered without any rope
Without any harness except that of hope
Free and unbridled I’m told I may roam
With nothing to stop me from running from home
And nothing to stop me from seeing the others
Far horses afield, my long astray brothers
And though there are times that my ungrateful gaze
May lead me to wish I could wander and graze
My heart, it remembers deceptive fair weather
And darkness and fear I found far from my tether
And the poisonous fruit that made me so ill
And the pained journey home on nothing but will
By the steeds.
And their thundering hooves.
To my Lord, I will be, a most patient horse.
For love of him I need no rope
For fear of him I have my hope
Foolish are those who would yet choose to roam
When light and plenty are here and at home
Though still nothing stops me from seeing the others
I’ve no intent to join my lost brothers
From the earth to the heavens I now turn my gaze
And look to this grass only to graze
No matter how lonely, how cold the weather,
By the steeds, I wander no more from my tether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas