AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Monday, January 19, 2009

Time again, for another 2 am post.

HF is en route to Australia for a bidness trip, and we, The Circus, are left to our own devices for this week. Apparently our devices involve rolling around the floor sucking on building blocks. Well, those are Iman's devices anyway. She's the reason I'm up cooking instead of down snoring- I woke up at 12:46 to giggling and pulling of the strings on my hoodie, which, in addition to fist-sucking and foot-waving, is Iman's way of letting me know she's fully charged and ready to party.

So here we are, it's a party.

(Wave your feet in the air like you just don't care?)

Khalid began ABA therapy last week at the autism center in Dubai, Alhamdulillah, and it's amazing to see him already picking up the things he's refusing to learn there. :p Khalid will resist instructions to clap his hands until we've used up every tissue in the box and he's blue in the face from crying, but he will go home at the end of the day and furtively clap his hands in a corner. The therapists have told us that they can see he is intelligent, but he has compliance issues. In other words, he will refuse to do something solely because you asked him to. That makes sense, after all, the motto Khalid seems to live by is 'You and What Army?'

Alhamdulillah, he has made progress though, because he's starting to realize that no matter how hard he fights, he won't be released from that crazy place where he's made to stack blocks against his will. Poor baby.

Iman is learning things too. Just this week, she's started a precurser to crawling- the commando-wiggle. I'm sure it has a real name, it's that thing you do under barb-wire on your elbows while pinned down by enemy fire. Whatever it's called, she used it just now to wiggle under the desk and start pulling my pant leg. Two days ago, she used it to get to my feet and diligently suck my toe, thereby entering the record books for 'Most Adorable Distraction During Prayer By A Baby Ever.'

Well, Iman is rubbing her eyes and wriggling unhappily, so I think maybe the party is over. Let me whisk her off to bed. Khalid and I have to hit the road at 9:30 am to get to his therapy on time.

Peace & Tarka Grease!
-The Circus

3 Comments:

At 19/1/09 6:19 AM, Blogger Waleed said...

I leave the Circus in the trust of my Creator.

I leave my loved ones in the security of my Rabb.

I leave my heart in the comfort of my Best Ally.

 
At 20/1/09 7:21 PM, Blogger hemlock said...

have missed you much bez.

 
At 25/1/09 9:44 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Yes, It is called the commando crawl. Good to hear Khalid is in training. The eagle has landed and is snoring loudly in my bed right now. It's a lovely sound I really missed. -Mom

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas