AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Sunday, October 05, 2008

By Zeba, The End.

Khalid has been diagnosed with autism. I can't even begin to explain how this feels. We're still in planning/coping/assessing mode. I just quit my job. Regularly, I cry myself to sleep. I can't write about this right now. I'm too busy trying to figure it out.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6/10/08 2:45 AM, Blogger baj said...

xoxoxoxoxo, all our love and prayers to you and yours.

baji and the crew

 
At 6/10/08 4:45 AM, Blogger baj said...

also, please don't 'the end' permanently. at least let me know the progress and how, if it all, i can help.

 
At 6/10/08 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hon. I've been reading your blog for a really long time. I'm also a mom of two, and I know that there is nothing anyone can say to make things feel better right now. After all, the world stops when our little ones are not well. But you are a good muslim woman, and I know from the depth of my heart that Allah will never test you more than you can bear. In time, what seems like a mountain of a problem, will smooth itself out. Continue to have faith, as you have in the past. Allah is by your side during these trying times.

InshAllah Khalid will be in my prayers like my other two children. May Allah bless you and your family to find strength. Ameen

 
At 6/10/08 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sister, no words I write here will mean much to you in this time. Here are a couple of links where mothers talk about their feelings and experience while going through the same. Have a read through whenever ypu feel like it, hope it will help a bit.

May Allah grant you patience, strength and wisdom to go through this difficult time and strengthen your iman further. Ameen.

http://majlismanal.blogspot.com/2008/07/filza-and-sinan.html

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=16523&CATE=1431

 
At 7/10/08 9:15 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Asalaam Alakium

This is Layla from "a passage to egypt". I have been away for awhile and just got back onto your blog. I too hope that you don't close your blog. You have been a real inspiration. More than you realize. I will be praying for you and your family.

Sending big hugs your way.

 
At 8/10/08 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for barging in again. Another blog related to above link, with good info and links. Just in case you would like to read.

http://abusinan-sayf.blogspot.com/search/label/Autism

 
At 9/10/08 11:37 PM, Blogger Saira said...

Assalaam alaikum

May Allah give you the strength to come through this and may He bless Khalid and your family with his Mercy. A mu'min is always an optimist, and Zeba, mashaAllah you have the beautiful heart of a mu'minah and inshaAllah Allah's love will bring peace and happiness into your lives again. May He do what is best for you and Khalid in this life and the Hereafter.

Lots of love and inshaAllah you are in my du'as. Please don't lose hope. You've always come across as a very strong and cheerful woman, and we love you for it.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas