AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Alhamdulillah :)

I could have cropped the photo better so that the car was centered, but I wanted to leave in the pretty palm trees to the right. This is Nahda Road in Dubai, and that is my car.

Actually, it’s Allah’s car. He gave it to us, and if He chooses to, He can take it back. Legally, HF owns it, and presently, the mechanic possesses it in his repair shop.

I’m not sure how many arms and legs the repair will cost, but InshaAllah, the car can be repaired. And Alhamdulillah, no one was hurt. I rear-ended a man who stopped suddenly when a gardener ran across the road, but I was buckled up and did manage to slow the car down a tiny bit before the impact.

(skreee-smack!)

Alhamdulillah, the gardener made it safely to the other side, and the other guy’s car- a black Peugot 307- must have had a seriously strong bumper, because compared to the damage I did to our poor Mazda, his was negligible. His bumper will need repainted. My radiator will need replaced.

HF, being the awesome HF that he is, thanked me for crashing the Mazda, because he wanted a Lexus anyway. And Owlie zoomed to my rescue (only getting moderately lost) and filled her car with everything that had been filling my car- the safety seats, shopping, toys, clothes, etc. And my inlaws very lovingly arranged for a tow-truck to come and collect the car and take it away to the mechanic. And then I took a cab for the one kilometer between myself and my destination, and life proceeds as normal except with considerably less driving.

I got a ride home from Owlie, all the way out to our personal corner of Abu Dhabi territory, and fast forward- two days later, I’m waiting for HF to come home from work so I can take the car back into town to buy such frivolities as milk and diapers. HF says that if I needed a mini-van there are other ways of making my point. Of course, he’s also the man who called me in the ER over three years ago, following our first car accident, and said “You know, if you wanted me to spend more time with you there are better ways of asking.”

Alhamdulillah. One could be cynical and say that when it rains, it pours, but it would be more accurate to say that rain is a blessing from Allah, no matter when and how it comes, and sometimes it may be a bit too much for our taste, but we have no idea what the greater purpose and benefit of the storm is. Not that it’s storming. It’s been a little drizzly lately in Abezville, but I refuse to be soggy and miserable. I’m going to play in the rain and jump in the puddles, InshaAllah.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ileihi Rajioon. :)

14 Comments:

At 21/1/10 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Abez,

Regina here, for ExpatWomen.com.

I would like to personally invite you to list your blog on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog/) so that other women can read about and learn from your expat experiences.

Many thanks in advance for your contribution and keep up your great blog!

Regina

 
At 24/1/10 3:35 AM, Anonymous Traveller said...

woah, that looks pretty bad. alhamdulillaah you weren't injured!

(i liked the way you blogged that btw, haha)

wassalaam,

Traveller :)

 
At 26/1/10 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SubhanAllah, your blogpost reminds me of this quote:

The Muslim is able to smile in the most difficult of times, be optimistic in the darkest of times, and learn from the worst of times.

Shaykh Yasir Qadhi

 
At 26/1/10 9:37 AM, Blogger Zeba said...

Great post, may your never-say-die attitude inspire more people!

Stumbled upon your blog while trying to search if the reverse of my name has any meaning :) I'm following you now!

Salaams!
Zeba

 
At 26/1/10 1:34 PM, Blogger Abez said...

AssalamuAlaikum and JazakAllahuKheiran to everyone who commented :)

Brother Qadhi- would you believe I was on my way to your class when I crashed my car? SubhanAllah. And JazakAllahuKheiran for the quote- I'm going to post that on my refrigerator.

Zeba: Your name (and mine too) actually means 'Beauty' in Persian, and I have been told (though my Urdu skills are fairly lacking) that the word zebaish is a variation of this.

 
At 26/1/10 1:44 PM, Blogger Abez said...

Oh wait, Zeba, you wanted the see the reverse? hehe, I believe we're a chemical fertilizer for agricultural purposes. As well as a village in Biblical history. And maybe a rock band somewhere. Heh.

 
At 27/1/10 7:32 AM, Blogger mummyjaan said...

Glad you were okay.

In my first accident, the car was written off (couldn't be repaired or it was too expensive to do it) but I walked away without a scratch, much to the amazement of everyone who saw my car.

 
At 30/1/10 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister, time and time again I come to your blog - and I you don't update that often - but I always find myself coming away uplifted and inspired. May Allah reward you for the positive outlook you share with your readers!

 
At 31/1/10 1:41 AM, Blogger Saira said...

MashaAllah. A mu'min is always an optimist, and aameen to Anonymous' du'a. :)

I looked one of your much earlier posts recently - http://www.abezsez.com/2005/03/on-pain.html - subhanAllah, O remembered this hadith:

The Messenger of Allah sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said:

"Strange is the affair of the mu'min (the believer). Verily, all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the mu'min."

I got the text for it from this site - Sheikh Muhammad Alshareef writes about Sabr and Shukr:

http://www.khutbah.com/en/return_allah/sabr.php

 
At 31/1/10 1:43 AM, Blogger Saira said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 31/1/10 1:45 AM, Blogger Saira said...

Jazakillah khair and may Allah make you and your family strong and steadfast believers always, and keep you content and optimistic.

 
At 31/1/10 12:56 PM, Blogger Zeba said...

Assalamu alaikum Abez! Nice to see your response! Well, fertilizer or not, I'm sure you're definitely helping lots of people around you to grow :)

Do you have a feed for your blog? I'm not getting any update notifications..

 
At 17/2/10 9:52 PM, Blogger BaptizedLucifer said...

woohoo Abez, expatwomen eh?

And Lexus is the way to go! I bought my first car... 2nd hand tho... a Lexus is300.... aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Glad to know you are safe!

 
At 15/10/10 2:55 AM, Blogger American Muslima Writer said...

Salam ABez, your husband is so funny masha'Allah. It's good he handles these emotional situations with such a sunny outlook, to help calm you and ease your being upset.

Yay for Owlie for the rescue and family for help!!!

Always remeber the RAIN helps thing GROW...including us mortals....

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas