AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Monday, December 25, 2006

Werkin it



Or at the very least, werkin.

There are four more days until HF returns, and I've found that the best way to make time go faster is to attach it to a deadline. See, if I focus on HF's return alone for the 29th, then time drags its feet and twiddles it thumbs and dawdles all over the dang place. However, if I, say... take a copywriting job on ridiculously short notice that must be completed the 28th, then suddenly time picks its feet up and starts hurdle-jumping over the little lines that divide days in my monthly planner. Because time is annoying like that.


So I've picked up the job for the >>Large Hoity-Toity Food Conference Name Here<< that right now involves rewriting their brochures, then their posters, and then their banners, etc. Alhamdulillah for the work. Now if only I could get Bebeface to agree with the schedule. See, if I could get him to change his own diaper, then I could finish this paragraph and be done with the page. However, according to the Babycenter.com calendar of developmental milestones, Khalid is a long way off from that, so far off, in fact, that it's not even mentioned on the Year One page. Maybe it's on Year Two? Developmental milestones are annoying like that.

Off we go, Bebeface Beckons.

10 Comments:

At 26/12/06 9:02 PM, Blogger Abez said...

It serves me right, blogging while I should have been focusing on work. I finished 80% of my work- and then lost it and now I have to start all over again. rassafrassa...

 
At 27/12/06 5:36 AM, Blogger Carol said...

What a bummer!!! That's worse then changing a stinky nappy.

 
At 27/12/06 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sucks.
hey does it say anywhere that they potty-train themselves? because now THAT would be a real development milestone. haha.

 
At 28/12/06 3:14 AM, Blogger The Usual Suspect said...

Losing 80% of work after completing it. Hmmm.. sounds very much like the computer systems at the *insert name of organization I work for* (personally i'd prefer if you put icecream land). You get it all done and think, right now I can go raid that chocolate box on Janet's desk (she always has chocolate, bless her cotton socks) and then the computer freezes, you throw a hissy fit and start all over again....

 
At 28/12/06 3:15 AM, Blogger The Usual Suspect said...

Wow that last comment of mine was all over the place... sorry... i'm still tryin to make sense of it too..

 
At 4/1/07 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little irrelevant... but did you write this?

http://www.yespakistan.com/afghancrisis/morning_after.asp

(V. good, btw, if you did)

I was looking for your poems and tried Google - and this came up.

It's quite a coincidence if you didn't write it.

OMG I'm so tired I almost forgot how to spell "write". I had to think about it this time too.

 
At 5/1/07 1:15 AM, Blogger Abez said...

Yes, I did write that, and the place where I keep all the poultry online is here http://www.poemhunter.com/zeba-khan/

and don't worry, I can never spell right write. :D

 
At 5/1/07 11:25 PM, Blogger Saira said...

I wonder why that says "anonymous"... c'était moi, Saira, qui vous l'ai demandé.

Kewwwwl... wow, don't you find it strange to come across things you wrote years ago on the net? Or has your fame and fortune desensitised you to pesky inquisitive commenters on your work by now?

 
At 6/1/07 6:04 PM, Blogger Saira said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8/1/07 1:37 PM, Blogger Abez said...

Hmm, last I checked, stuff I have written has resulted in neither fame nor fortune, but rather an interesting and something embarrassing history of everything that comes out of my pie-hole. I've been in the online world for several years now, and have been blogging since 2003, and what I have gotten (again, neither fame nor fortune) is a hard lesson in 'think before you type, think again before you publish.'

:)

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas