AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Sunday, June 03, 2007

heheheheh

I am such a geek, and I am such a gross one too, that I am going to post the DVD of my knee arthroscopy on my blog. Yep, I am, and I will, once I can get HF to do it for me. Cuz he's my tech support hero! *heart*

The surgery went well Alhamdulillah, just a few zaps here and a few zaps there to fix damage at the back of my kneecap as well as fuse my miniscus (squishy important bit inside of my knee) back to where it was supposed to be. It was, according to my awesome orthopedic surgeon, "mobile," which doesn't surprise me, because in this day and age, what isn't wireless?

I thought about asking my surgeon to do a few add-ons while he had me under the knife- God knows I need a third arm to wrangle babyface into his diapers these days (he too is mobile) and maybe a built-in mp3 player so my knee could play audio books. Oh and of course, a laser of my own. That way I could have the stealithiest, deadliest knee in the entire world! Haha!

-ahem-

Alhamdulillah, I am feeling much better of late. My knee, which was as flexible as a piece of wood for the first few post-surgical days, is now loosening up. I can bend it about 60%, and am not limping quite so obviously. Which is nice, because it's a funny thing- when you limp, people stare. And if my Doc had installed that knee laser then I wouldn't mind, but he didn't, so I'm glad to be hobbling a little more smoothly.

My stitches come out the day after tomorrow InshaAllah, and I'm really excited about walking, sitting, praying without pain. One day, I too will be mobile. InshaAllah. :)

Next up: Arthroscopy video InshaAllah
Followed by: Hijab Questions, finally!

6 Comments:

At 3/6/07 1:13 AM, Blogger Saira said...

Hahaha.

Alhamdulillah.

Hahahahaaaaaa. I love the way you find perks in the least likely places, like the *meniscus in your knee. MashaAllah.

 
At 3/6/07 1:21 AM, Blogger Saira said...

BTW, it's a shame you didn't get that laser... but your knee could be a stealthy, deadly weapon yet! All you gotta do is aim it at a person's mid-thigh area. But only if they deserve it ;) Although I never did, and I get them all the time from my brother...

The effect is only temporary, of course.

 
At 3/6/07 1:38 AM, Blogger baj said...

alhumdulillah, glad to hear the surgery was a success! now you and bebeface can practice learning how to walk together!

 
At 4/6/07 3:03 PM, Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

mashallah , the first and foremost thin u need to do is give sadka (dadi ma style) like u dont know already but was just being my usual self

 
At 4/6/07 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum
Glad to hear that all went well. Inshallah the healing process is fast, and in the end it will be all worth it. But give your knee a break until you heal completely! take care

 
At 5/6/07 11:59 AM, Blogger Abez said...

JazakAllahuKheir for all the well wishes you guyses, I'm trying to be good to my knee, but Khalid is being extra-curious and extra dangerous is his new mobility, and often times I will ease myself into a chair to rest only to have to pop out of it at high-speeds to stop him from poking his finger into the door hinge or trying to eat the carpet fringe or pulling HF's cell phone off the table and dropping it on the floor, which he did last night.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas