AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chai, the sequel!

It is fitting that this ultra-brief recap of Chai's layover in the UAE be typed when I am sleepy- Chai had no less than two naps in the same afternoon, and consumed no less than a thousand jellybeans and defeated us in Scrabble by no less than a million points.

And we shopped, but we forgot to eat ice cream, and we stuffed ourselves silly at Fuddrucker's- a place I had never been to and am uncertain of how to spell. We had burgers. They were Good. I did not have enough room to sigh by the time I was done trying to accommodate 1/3 pound of burger (it was the smallest size, really!) in my stomach, part of my spleen, and two-thirds of my left lung.

Ok that's sort of gross, but the burger was really good, and that's a compliment coming from me- my response to eating American food out is never overly enthusiastic. I'll have a nice time, but I'll decide that I can make the same thing at home for nothing (using only a small aubergine).

I digress. Chai is as crazily wonderful as usual, and there was much rejoicing, and much sleep deprivation as her flight arrived at 5:50 am and then departed less than 24 hours later at 2:45 am.

She's flown away again, that crazy international bird, and we look forward to a whirlwind jellybean festival again soon, InshaAllah.

And speaking of jellybeans, my son is finally asleep. It's past 2 am now. His Momma is tired, and his Momma is mentally arrrgh about the prospect of another day of busy-ness tomorrow. I'm working on basically the biggest, coolest freelance project I've had to date, the coolest part being that it pays in US dollars- possibly with three zeros on the end, w00t! But it's ALOT of hard work, and I spend my waking hours taking care of Khalid and Khalid's sleeping hours (as well as some of my own) taking care of work. Had Khalid been a good bebesaurus and gone to sleep at his normal 11 instead of tonight's 2, then I could have gotten two hours of work in before slinking in to bed next to HF, who's been snoozing since the jealously reasonable hour of midnight. Alas.

SubhanAllah, life is busy, sleep is precious, and the bed is calling my name.

Know what I mean, jellybean?

3 Comments:

At 2/5/07 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love Fuddruckers! I haven't been to the one at Sahara Centre yet but soon iA! And you didn't hit Marble Slab, right next to Fuddruckers, while you were there?

 
At 4/5/07 11:33 PM, Blogger baj said...

chai brings equal portions of frenzied excitement and ultimate exhaustion when she visits. can't wait for my turn!

 
At 15/5/07 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fudruckers rocks!

What sort of freelance assignments are they? And where on earth do you get them? I am getting bored out of my mind in KSA :(

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas