AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Overworked, and for once, overpaid :)

A week, I need another week to wrap a few projects up, and then I can sit down and properly blog. But in the time, how about some blogletts?

A brief update: Bebeface is taking his first wobbly steps on his own, and his fantastic new mobility means dire things for my paper lamp, the crystal in the living room, and edible-looking dustbunnies everywhere.

SubhanAllah:
I visited the chateau (my parents' apt)a few days ago, and was playing idly in the living room when I heard the sound of the azhan coming through the balcony doors. It sounded strangely familiar. It sounded like my father.

It was my father, MashaAllah, calling the azhan from the masjid up the street.

Freelancing: Has moved in to an interesting new direction, where previous jobs involved graphic design, or editing, or creating content, this new job combines all three, and I get to use an awesome program called Articulate, which apparently only ubergeeks like HF and I find cool and exciting. Articulate is a software for turning Powerpoint presentations into flash-based presentations, with interesting interactive options. Right now I'm designing courses for an online academy, as well as their hand-outs, a few logos here and there- it's enjoyable work, and it pays well Alhamdulillah.

On the down side, I have to get everything done while Bebeface snoozes, and lately, he hasn't been doing very much of it. His sleeping schedule has taken an odd new twist, now he wants to sleep 8 hours a night instead of the 12 before, so we're trying to adjust his nap times and waking hours accordingly.

Things are going well, Alhamdulillah, and I've been trying to keep my Fridays as work-free days. Yesterday HF and I went out to Ibn Battuta Mall, wandered around the shops, munched on Chinese, Mexican, AND Shawarma in one evening, and got to meet up with some friends from Abu Dhabi for a lovely time out.

Update: Bring on the lasers! A doc's visit this evening has revealed that I have torn the miniscus (sp?) in my knee, which is apparently an important little blob of cartilage shaped like a black bow tie (that's what the doc said) and I'm scheduled for LASER SURGERY (zap!) this 28th, InshaAllah. Please make dua everything goes well and I recover fast, bebeface is reaching new and death-defying levels of mischief with the newfound mobility, and in order to keep up I've got to move pretty fast.

Peace & Handi Grease!
-Abez

1 Comments:

At 20/5/07 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah!
and i find all of that out from your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas