AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Saturday, April 21, 2007

There's a little boy in my bed!

Oh wait, that's my son...

Khalid had his first hair cut yesterday, and in a process that resembled a temper-tantrum with a beard-trimmer, he cried, raged, and fussed his way to a snappier, more grown-up 'do. Short on the sides, longer on top, his crazy silly over-the-ear curls have been replaced with neat number-one sideburns. SubhanAllah, he's looking more like a little boy than a little baby anymore, and he looks dashing, but I also miss his cute widdle curls. *pout*

Khalid's sleep schedule has reverted to nocturnal madness again for the past few days, and he went to bed just half an hour ago (it's 1:36 am right now). And he's in my spot, and he's taking up half the dang bed like a star-fish in blue pajamas, hmmph.

:)

Other miscellania- My appointment with the ortho confirmed damaged ligaments on the inside of my right knee, and I have an MRI scheduled to determine whether things can be patched up with physiotherapy or whether I'll need laser surgery. Once upon a time, in the pursuit of all things neato, I would have eagerly hoped for something like 'LASER SURGERY!!!' mostly because it sounds dramatic, and partially because it involves lasers. Now, Abez the Momma is hoping for boring old physiotherapy, because if my knee is put out of commission by surgery, then caring for Bebeface is going to be a serious challenge, and if I over-do things, I might further damage my poor busticated knee rather than let it heal.

SubhanAllah for your health, and the blessing of just being able to walk without pain. I'm looking forward to that again InshaAllah. Please remember me in your duas!

11 Comments:

At 21/4/07 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the pics. he does look dashing and older somehow. very cute, mA!
and i really hope you don't need surgery either. iA, it'll be fine soon. i'm gonna make loads of duas for you.
lotsa love!

 
At 21/4/07 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon. physiotherapy too takes a lot of time and patience.

 
At 22/4/07 7:23 AM, Blogger Anjum said...

"starfish in blue pajamas" -- ahh i love it when they do that. except of course if they're in your own spot. :)

 
At 22/4/07 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEBEBE! :D
he's SHO CUTE :D
he gonna be a heart throb...
no wait,he already is.
dude i hope the knee be ok.

 
At 23/4/07 1:30 PM, Blogger Arifah said...

I pray you the best of health, insyaAllah! =)

 
At 23/4/07 1:33 PM, Blogger Arifah said...

Oh, and give my kisses to khalid. =D

 
At 25/4/07 9:43 PM, Blogger Mona said...

update blog, woman!

 
At 28/4/07 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to come across your blog and notice that you have an image of a hijabi. I know this may seem awkward but i have few questions i'd like to ask regarding hijab and all, if its okay with you i mean. I dont know how this whole blog thing works. can i email you of what i need to ask?

Thanks much
sara

 
At 1/5/07 9:25 AM, Blogger vora said...

hey zeba
was wondering if you could email parveen your -or zarina's- phone number. i think she's supposed to be in dubai tomorrow night. she doesn't think she'll be leaving the airport cuz she'd have to get a visa but i thought she should have your number just in case she needs anytyhing.
ok coolio. hope you and starfish bebeface are spectacular.

 
At 1/5/07 7:17 PM, Blogger Aysh said...

Assalamalikum Abez,

I wonder what babies think when they are getting their hair cut...

I am imagining Bebeface and he looks cute MashaAllah. How about a pic, abez. Please.

I pray you heal soon, InshaAllah. Physiotherapy takes time but it works. My brother had it done for something like what you are experiencing and OKAY... it took long but... it worked.

Take care.

Wassalam

 
At 2/5/07 2:32 AM, Blogger Abez said...

Sorry people, I've had a really busy week and this is the first time I'm checking my blog in days.

Sara- you can email me at zhkhan at gmail dot com, or post the comment here, sorry to be so late in responding!

Sam, I've emailed you.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas