AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Saturday, March 29, 2008

RUN AWAY!!!!

So I spent another night in the hospital, as the doctors tend to recommend that you do when you're in early labor. And then we escaped. And then today we went back for our CTG appointment, and the doctors again said, you're in early labor and strongly recommended we stay. And you know what we said? RUN AWAY!!!! I live ten minutes from the hospital, and if I'm going to languish in the labor twilight zone, I'm going to languish here at home!

Yes, I am in early labor, no, we have no idea how long this could take. Technically, I've been in early labor since the 23rd. I feel immense, and today the consultant who saw me asked the nurse if I was carrying twins. No, no twins, just one very stubborn little baby!

Khalid spent the weekend with HF's parents, who have been both delighted and exhausted to have his crazy-pants company. HF has gone to retrieve him now, and when he returns, we will finish watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. HF bought me the entire Miyazaki collection so I have stuff to watch in the hospital. As usual, HF is my hero. :)

They'll be back soon, so I need to go straighten up while I still can and then get some food ready for Khalid. Keep us in your prayers, and in the mean time, have some Monty Python.

4 Comments:

At 30/3/08 5:40 AM, Blogger Food-Bits said...

oh God! I hope everything turns out ok inshaAllah! I dont know how it is to be with a baby, but this sounds totally exhausting! May Allah help you and give you, HF and Khalid a baby to be proud of! :)

 
At 30/3/08 5:40 AM, Blogger Food-Bits said...

Ameen!!

 
At 31/3/08 5:12 AM, Blogger Anjum said...

so when do you get induced? :( or are you guys definitely on a "wait until the lil bebe decides its time" plan? I hope all goes well, either way, inshallah!

 
At 1/4/08 12:08 AM, Blogger baj said...

MUBARAK!!! Hope your little one is happy, healthy, and learns to love Monty Python as well. :D

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas