AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Monday, February 25, 2008

An Update from Behind Enemy Lines

I saw Bee Movie last night, but that doesn't make me feel any better right now- the kitchen and living room have been invaded by bees.

A whole. lotta. bees.

You will notice that every word in the above sentence has been italicized for emphasis. Whole has been emphasized in conjunction with Lotta, to accurately convey the dozens and dozens of big, fat, bees buzzing around my kitchen, crawling on the counters, partying in the trash can and banging their heads against the window that isn't open. Bees has been italicized to emphasize that in addition to being many, the invaders are also Bees of all things. Ants are tolerable, moths are annoying but harmless, flies are well within manageability, but bees?

(Why couldn't I have been invaded by squirrels? At least squirrels are cute, and I'd rather be bitten than stung.)

I suppose it's my fault for opening a window on this lovely, sunny, breezy day, but by the same logic, it will be the bees' own fault for being on the wrong side of that window when HF gets home to rescue me! He's bringing bug spray! My Hero! Take that, bees!

Also, the movie stunk.

-sigh-

Oh hey, we have internet now! Alhamdulillah, as of this morning, a nice man from Etisalat came and set up the DSL line. Granted, he came at 9:30, and if he had been anyone else I would have turned him away at the door for showing up at such an ungodly hour. Trust me, 9:30 is very, very early when you have:

-gone to bed at 1 the night before
-woken up repeatedly throughout the night w/a sick, screamy toddler
-the flu

HF, Khalid and I are all out of commission w/the flu, and now, in addition to my lil home being a quarantine unit, it's also a battlefield. The reinforcements are still many minutes away, and they still have to stop at a store and buy bug spray before they get home, so further hooray for DSL. Now I have something to do while I hide here in the bedroom and wonder if bees know how to crawl under doors.

On a non-invasive note, Baby 2.0 is doing fine, kung-fu'ing as usual, trying to push my ribs out of the way and trying to defensively wiggle away from Khalid, who thinks my enormous stomach is a great place to climb, drive toy cars on, and try to sleep on. I have officially run out of lap, and am at week 36.

It's 1:45 now, and I guess lunch is on hold until the kitchen is reclaimed. HF should get home soon, I think I'm going to lay down and see if I can catch a few min of zzz's before he does.

Peace & Chikken Grease
-Abez & Co.

7 Comments:

At 25/2/08 10:03 PM, Blogger baj said...

more zzzs and less bzzzs! you poor thing. sending some virtual soup and hugs your way. (although between your belly and my belly, i'm not sure our arms would be able to go around each other). O_o

 
At 26/2/08 1:11 AM, Blogger Waleed said...

I get home, find a partially locked down, windows taped house and

no bees.
not some.
not many.
not one.

So I go to bed.

Abez claims that she swept up some dead bees when she wake up. The only thing in the kitchen that deadly was the soup she made.

The bees never had a chance.

 
At 26/2/08 2:49 AM, Blogger baj said...

they must have learned - you don't mess with sensai!

 
At 26/2/08 1:28 PM, Blogger Mona said...

salaams :)
just checking to see how you guys are doing and yay, for the internet.
also, i didn't think much the bee movie either.
10-14 days recovery period for this particularly strong virus, i've heard.
*hugs*

 
At 2/3/08 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hey! look who i found here! :) I am not sure if you remember me... its NJ who used to blog once upon a time in Khi.... long long ago it was :)

Just now I see you have a baby and one on its way, MashaAllah! :)

Cheers.

 
At 3/3/08 10:07 AM, Blogger Abez said...

Hey NJ! I remember you of course! :) It's good to see you, are you still blogging?

Waleed: I'm going to blog about you, I mean it! >:p

 
At 3/3/08 12:34 PM, Blogger Food-Bits said...

not much no.. but i do have a blog of sorts, food-bits.blogspot.com :)

a few sites that might be of help:
flylady.net
getorganizednow.com :)

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas