AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Attention Nature: Khalid bites back!

I *was* about to put all three of us (Khalid & Mystery Bean and I) down for a much-needed nap, except we experienced a slight detour on the way to the bedroom, where Khalid discovered, and promptly attempted to eat, a live beetle.

And I, in all the grossness that is being the Momma of a little boy, reached in and pulled the live beetle out of his mouth.

And Khalid ran away and threw a tantrum in a corner by the bathroom.
(my snaa-aaa-aaaaack! bwaaaa-haaaaa-haaaa!)

And the beetle got back on its feet and resumed its wobbly journey across the living room carpet.

And I went for the vacuum cleaner.

I'll feel sorry for the beetle later. Right now I'm grossed out. And sleepy.

-zonk-

5 Comments:

At 5/3/08 3:28 PM, Blogger hemlock said...

muhahah..
you shouldve let khalid have teh beetle. on these reality TV gameshows they PAY people to eat stuff that creeps and crawls.

 
At 5/3/08 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for a glimps of what I will have to deal with in the future, the fight to keep non-food items, especially ones that move on their own, out of my babies mouth.

on another note just wondering how u r doing? When are u do? and have you had success yet with getting khalid to sleep through the night?

love ya darlin
salam
selina

 
At 5/3/08 6:24 PM, Blogger baj said...

hey! he's talking now! score one for the beetle!

 
At 6/3/08 8:07 AM, Blogger Carol said...

It seems to me if you stop feeding Khalid people food, he will willingly and naturally take care of your insect problems, ants, bees (bite *ouch* bite *ouch*) and beetles.

 
At 6/3/08 2:14 PM, Blogger Mona said...

hahaha, i agree with your mom
:)
and hey, my brother ate live ants all the time (he thought he was mowgli!) and he turned out okay (not really, but whateva!).

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas