AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Friday, September 14, 2007

And... we're back!

AssalamuAlaikum EveryBodies!

-phew- Ok, so here's a very quick rundown of what's happening, which I promise to follow with a more detailed travelogue post soon InshaAllah.

Khalid and I are finally nearly normal- he came back with the flu, and I came back with bronchitis, and spent many hot cold snotty miserable lead-lunged days sleeping it off. I say we're nearly normal because we're not quite there yet- Khalid is still on a time zone other than this one, and combine that with my highly unsuccessful attempts to straighten him out, and you've got a baby who's going to sleep every night at nine and waking up at 4 am.

We. Are. So. Tired.

Neither of us is properly rested, and instead of his normal sleep schedule of 12 hours at night and a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day, he's sleeping seven hours at night and five hours in the middle of the afternoon. The less he sleeps, the lighter he sleeps, waking often, waking cranky, and wanting nothing but Momma's lap.

So yeah, we are still recovering, please make dua for us, we're collectively wiped out and desperately need rest. Oh, and Ramadan Kareem!

Down but not out,
-Abez

6 Comments:

At 14/9/07 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my. inshaAllah you'll be back into your routines soon. :)

Bronchitis? Thats horrible. My younger bro had asthama as a child. Allergies. It was horrible not being able to do anything when he would be suffocating. He got over it when he was 18 or something. Bad bad bad. :( I hope you get well soon! Duas and Muahs! haha

 
At 14/9/07 4:26 PM, Blogger Zee said...

Oh!!!! I'm telling you, have Mr Tech Husband install an off button in that child.

Miss you sir. No one to make Ramadan gingerbread with. :(

Lovelove.

 
At 16/9/07 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldn't complain about the 9 pm to 4am timings in ramadan, no? thats the schedule i run on and wish hana would accomodate me.
sigh.

 
At 16/9/07 2:12 PM, Blogger Saira said...

Wa 'alaikum assalaam!

Ramadan Mubarak!

And I pray that you two recover fully soon - you know what? I got pneumonia in the summer once. Who'da known it was possible?

 
At 16/9/07 6:03 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hope you are both getting more rest. Take care of yourself. Love, Momma
PS: Bake some gingerbread, it's comfort food.

 
At 21/9/07 3:03 AM, Blogger The Usual Suspect said...

Ramadan Kareem sis... been eons since I've been around.. hope insha'Allah you both get well soon... Regards to HF and love to Bebeface :)

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas