AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Friday, July 20, 2007

6:25 am- Owlie and the LackThereof

It's 6:25 am, and HF is asleep, and although it's logical that he be snoozing at this time, I wish he were up. I need someone to sob on. Owlie is gone- en route to the airport right now, en route to big and exciting and prestigious journalism-flavored adventures in the US of A.

It is not my intention to write a blog that will make Owlie sad, though we parted with tears, and it is not my intention to make her feel guilty by saying that I will miss her in a way that aches so bad, so very bad right now. I want you to know, Zarina, that I know you will do fantastically, I know you will rock the ever-lovin socks off of your colleagues and your professors. You will charm a new village, you charismatic dictator, you- and in doing so you will only add to the vast group (take a number, get in line) of the people who adore your wry wisdom and your awesome baking and can see through the armored exterior to the chewy nougat center in the middle.

And I will make you proud. :) I will prosper, I will carry on, and in your absence, I will create my own adventures, and as I sit here on your bed, making a mountain of soggy tissues, I am eying the box of Nutty Buddy bars and already wondering what sort of person eats four, and also, whether you can send me another box. :p There will never be any replacing of you- I checked, your EULA doesn't cover replacement in the case of loss, but the good news is I don't need to replace you because you're not gone. Just like me, you're still here, but just slightly there.

And there you will have the world as your oyster cracker, and possibilities will lay themselves before you, and you, Pikachu, will evolve in Journalismchu. I believe in you.

You will be fine, but we already know that. You need to know that I will be fine, and when you come back, I will be here, keeping your spot warm.

I love you. I miss you already.

I am proud of you.

Love,
Cowpie

5 Comments:

At 21/7/07 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 23/7/07 9:46 AM, Blogger Mona said...

aww, haram. you're always making me cry.
sigh and now you made me miss not just zarina but misha too, my procupine of a sister.
call me whenever you're free. about a week before i'm back at work and short of time.
:(

 
At 24/7/07 4:08 AM, Blogger Zee said...

:(*************

 
At 24/7/07 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any, slightly bit better, we cracked thru to the yummy nougat center of owlie over teh weekend in DC. :) we even got her to smile for a second, too!

 
At 24/7/07 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we got her to smile for LOTS OF SECONDS! bajillions! =) I have photographic (and wideographic) proof!
and now i know exactly why you love her so much, abez - she charmed the ever-lovin' socks off all of us, too.

such a beautiful post. alhamdulillah for siblings who lowve each other.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas