AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Abez Today: FYI

I am reading
Methods of Learning and Evidential Deduction between Sunnites and Heterodixtsts
(Which is far more interesting than the title would lead you to believe)

I am listening to
Blink
(Which is a fantastic book, even in audio format.)

I am looking at
My hovercraft is full of eels.
(Because HF found it and HF rules)

I am taking
Bromelain-POS
(To reduce swelling in the ligament in my knee that hasn't healed since the accident)

I am eating
Weetabix
(Low-sugar, low-taste, low-thought breakfast option of champions)

I am wearing
Blue Jeans
(because they were clean)

So, what are you up to today? Blurkers, I'm asking you too!

12 Comments:

At 19/1/07 12:45 AM, Blogger Saira said...

You're an interesting girly (er, lady), didja know?

*takes up a nasal tone*
Rather agreeable, however.

:)

 
At 19/1/07 12:46 AM, Blogger Saira said...

BTW, if you don't mind... what is a Blurker?

 
At 19/1/07 1:39 AM, Blogger hemlock said...

oh bah.
im not reading anything, im listening to jungle rock, im wearing stretch pajamas cuz they make my legs look less fat, and im taking anti-histamine pills, cuz tehy stop itching and help me sleep.

 
At 19/1/07 11:54 AM, Blogger Zee said...

I am reading: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest. Surprising nuance in the writing that the movie missed.

I am listening to: the whir of my ancient computer's fan.

I am looking at: Getting dressed. And making biryani. And going to the studio. Bah.

I am taking: It eaaaaaaasy, taking it eaaaaaaasy.

I am eating: Tea. The engine of Owl is fuelled by tea.

I am wearing: the Zarilla get-up.

 
At 20/1/07 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saira: "Blurker" = blog+lurker. =)

I am reading: VEBLOGS!

Listening to: Pukhtu music pouring out of my co-worker's computer.

Looking at: Photos tagged "Muslim" on flickr.

Taking: A lot of time to finish a simple Excel spreadsheet, simply because it's Friday and I like Fridays to be slow.

Eating (/Just finished eating): Chicken tikka boti, chicken tikka masala, vegetable biryani, and the best naan in the WORLD. Also: LOTS of water.

Wearing: A black dress I cut up into layers under a hooded long-sleeved t-shirt under a gray short-sleeved t-shirt. And my favorite flared jeans. Oh, and SHOES! WHOA. And a multi-colored headwrap, and dangly black earrings. Oh, and glasses. I need to schedule an eye exam, and soon.

 
At 20/1/07 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you share interesting points from the book

 
At 20/1/07 5:08 PM, Blogger Saira said...

Hehe, thanks Yasmine.

 
At 20/1/07 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am sitting here on the comp procrastinating this writing Literacy History Essay for my Children's lit class.

I'm listing to Zahra watch Altair on the screen. and worrying that she is going to throw up again (5th day of the stomach virus)

I'm wearing green pants and a blue Nike shirt. Eating ROMAN NOODLES they are soooo good.

 
At 21/1/07 9:35 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Reading: about the new kid on the block property company in the middle east, Limitless (http://www.limitless.ae/content/aboutUs.aspx)

Listening to: people at the office describing their weekends

Looking at: Sheik Mo's horses trotting - gorgeous animals. such grace

Taking: HUGE prenatal vitamins that I have such a hard time swallowing (though doc finally relented and gave me water-soluble calcium tablets, woot)

Eating: Toblerone. I'm consoling myself because I couldn't button my MATERNITY jeans this morning. *waaaah*

Wearing: A skirt that isn't zipped up (but shhh)

 
At 23/1/07 8:51 PM, Blogger baj said...

I am reading Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (ye'd dig it)

I am listening to The Crane Wife album by the Decemberists (even though it is now January)

I am looking at a pix of ZP with wild, rock star hair.
(Because I can get away with it)

I am taking the yellow line and then will transfer to the green line.

I am eating chana masala (that I nade on Sunday... mmm, leftovers)

I am wearing jeans, long-t, long sweater, and sketchers
(because they're the S)

 
At 27/3/07 10:49 PM, Blogger Baraka said...

Salaam,

Blink was fascinating - I've found myself thinking of it quite often since reading it last month.

I want to look up The Tipping Point now too - have heard it's even better!

Warmly,
Baraka

 
At 27/4/07 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya...I qualify as blurker!

I am reading: weblogs + today's paper

I am listening: to the a/c, its Friday, so no music during prayer time

I am looking at: my growing task list

I am taking: bites out my gigantic choco chip cookie

I am eating: covered above.. :)

I am wearing: limey green and pink kameez w/jeans and springy slippers.

Peace Abez!

Mars

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas