AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Bebefiles: Crying it Out Part III

JazakAllah to everyone for the encouragement. Last night's missing post was due to technical probs, and a guy from Etisalat had to come over today to fix a wire inside the wall so now we're up and running again.

Yesterday, before putting Khalid down for his nightly crying session, I set out to build the ultimate baby-contaning fortress so that he couldn't wiggle out on to the floor again. I've ended up with a mattress on the floor, wedged against the side of my mom's waterbed (I'm staying at the chateau while HF is on a business trip) and bordered on three sides with bolsters which are in turn, reinforced with three chairs.

And yet, even with all that work, Khalid ended up on the floor again last night. I went to check on him after ten min and found him wiggled into a corner of the room. I put him back on the bed and walked out, and I was surprised at how me coming in and soothing him a bit didn't make him go ballistic again. I thought seeing me would give him typhoon-powered second winds that would prolong the cry-it-to-sleep process, but I think it may actually have made things better.

Either that or Khalid's learning, but last night only took 45 minutes, Alhamdulillah. It also wasn't as stressful for me, because, I must shamefully admit- I found a distraction. I have rediscovered XCOM- UFO Defense. I used to be quite a game junkie- I would stay up all night playing things like Command and Conquer, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Civilization, Ages of Empires... Strategy games mostly. And I would play so long my eyeballs would burn because I would forget to blink.

I wasn't that bad last night, but 45 minutes passed quickly and before I even realized, Khalid had fallen asleep. I'm pretty sure he slept for a long ole time. I'm not sure how long because this time I didn't wake up repeatedly to see why he hadn't woken up yet. Alhamdulillah.

Yesterday he missed his afternoon nap though, so I'm wondering if maybe that contributed to him passing out earlier. Today, his afternoon nap got moved down to maghrib- he woke up around 6:20- about half an hour ago. (There's construction going on across the street and the bang bang bang makes getting Khalid to nap very difficult) So let's see what happens tonight InshaAllah.

3 Comments:

At 13/2/07 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masha'Allah,

hey what does your husband do?

 
At 13/2/07 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah! dude! bebe face needed to be disciplined... you cant get away with everything just cuz you are cute enough to be able to :p

but i cant believe i crash with a wailing baby in the house.
maybe he otta be a banker and driving around for three hours a day. that'll put him to sleep

 
At 14/2/07 1:45 PM, Blogger Mona said...

alhamdolillah! progress!
i knew it, khalid's a smart one.

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas