AbezAbez Is... 50% White, 50 % Pakistani, Muslim Hijab-wearing type female, Daughter of Momma, Sister of Owlie Wife of HF, Momma of Khalid, a special little boy with Autism, and Iman, a special little girl with especially big hair, Writer, Graphic Designer, Editor, Freelancer, Blogger, Inhaler of Chocolate
Right Brain Left Brain Islam poetry
Mortal Wounds BebeFiles Husbandfiles

 
My sister, De Owl

My Husband, who never updates!

Mona, who I don't visit enough

Hemlock, who I don't hug enough

Baji, the orginal robot monkey pirate

Prometheus, who buts brains to blog about Autism

Socrates, a blogger with Asperger's

Jo, a funnier Autism mom with a great blog

Autism Watch-  for logic-based information

ASAT- Assosciation for Science in Autism Treatments

Quack Watch- for current news and info on all sort of medical treatments

Expat Women Blog Directory

My Cousin- really, he's my cousin.  Wish he would update more.

 
 
 
 

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hats off to Dr. Balooshi

For being my more interesting Orthopedic Surgeon. And since I told him about my blog (because I was looking for the video of my previous knee arthroscopy and knew I had posted here a while back) I am now obliged to wave at him. *waves* Hi Doc!

Dr. Belooshi is cool. Not only because once, when I visited, he had a kilo of Belgian chocolates on his desk, but because he hooked me up with some painkillers after my tonsillectomy when my ENT let me down with a pat on the back and a 'take two aspirin and call me in the morning' approach to recovery.

(I've learned, btw, that the reason why I wasn't prescribed post-tonsillectomy Codeine as per standard practice, is because in the UAE it's a controlled substance)

But I digress. My knee is malfunctioning again- clicking and swelling and aching from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep, so we're going for another MRI and then possibly another arthroscopy. This time, I'll be awake for when they poke the hole and then the camera inside. I'm feeling slightly weirded out by this. I'm ok with the sight of gore as long as it's someone else's. And on TV. I'm not sure what the point of keeping me awake will be if I'm just going to lie there with my eyes closed, gnawing on a corner of the blanket, hehe.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10/7/09 1:54 PM, Anonymous Aaliya said...

Oh my! May Allah (swt) grant u a speedy and full recovery..Ameen! Will def be praying for u.. hope it goes well insh'Allah!!

 
At 13/7/09 3:00 PM, Anonymous Bushra said...

I didn't know they had a Sulaiman Al Habib in Abu Dhabi too. I go to it in Riyadh =)

 
At 17/7/09 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello.. im one of your silent readers and love your blog.
yesterday i stumbled upon this site and thought of you hope its of some use
http://autismgames.googlepages.com/
love and God bless

 
At 24/7/09 10:01 PM, Blogger Abez said...

Aaliya: JazakAllahKheir! I may have the surgery this upcoming week, IF the insurance company doesn't decide that suddenly knees are a lifetime exclusion.. blah

Bushra: Cool! And does the coffee shop in the reception have overpriced cheesecake? :D

Anonymous: Thanks for the link! I love it! I'm watching some of the game videos right now!

 

Post a Comment

Home

 
Expat Women - Helping Women Living Overseas